Monday, December 04, 2006

Finally, December

It's finally December, it's finally less than 70 degrees here and I am finally over my cold. It took about 3 weeks. How many people have a deathly cold in 75 degree weather? I was hacking like a fiend at my dr's appt last week and she put me on antibiotics which seem to have started to nip it, finally. Whew!

Despite my cold, I spent most of last week watching Jake while Mike worked against his intense project deadlines. It was a nice week, actually. We did our grocery shopping on Monday, in town at a new store that allowed Jake to ride in style - in a big red fire engine with two steering wheels (for him) and a great seatbelt (for me). He kept turning around to tell me, "buy, Mommy, buy!" which basically meant: "Stop reading labels Mommy, we need to keep moving!"

We went to Kindermusick on Tuesday morning and he had a real blast there, playing drums and dancing with a scarf. I worked on Tues afternoon, 1-5, getting several of my class guests set and discussing the content of their visits with them. And I read about 10 business school cases to see which I wanted to replace in my class. We called grandma that night and Jake loved talking to her. On Wed am, we went to a new playgroup over at Ashleigh's, and Jake played very independently and happily. We also spent lots of our warm afternoon time at the playground, where Jake played with friends he knew nearly every day. On Friday, we spent the windy and rainy morningat the local library, a thrift store, and out to lunch with Gram and Ashleigh at the sandwich shop overlooking the golf course. A very social week!

Then I spent all day Thursday and the entire weekend working on my course for next semester. From 8 am to 6pm for two days straight. Mike got lots of Jake time and I got nearly the whole first coursebook done. Felt hugely satisfied last night and sat down in front of the TV to discover only reruns of Desp. Housewives and Brothers and Sisters. My one weekly night of the pleasures of network TV, ruined.

We also turned down another photo client this week. We're way too busy to worry about another shoot this month.

Jake has spent the week playing with a small tractor he got at the dime store nearby. It rumbles and moved by itself and he wants to take it with him wherever he goes. I think of all the holiday toys we picked out and look at this $1 toy that thrills him and wonder why we bothered!

No comments:

Post a Comment