And she's holding her own, more and more. Here, Jake invited her to join him in the leaf pile, and then 2 mins later, was trying to push her out of it. She wouldn't budge. (It kind of reminded me of a Brady Bunch episode - anyone remember that??)
She also had snack at the playground at his school today, and fit in among the 3-6 year olds just fine. She sat there next to them on the picnic table as if she were there every day. Jake was very cute trying to explain to the teacher what she could and couldn't eat and then taking Abby's hand and leading her gently but quite firmly around the playground. It looks like this sibling stuff is starting to pay off!
And I guess the other big news this month, at least for me, is she is FINALLY saying "Mama." So I figure that's about 500 days of literally back-breaking, sleepless work raising this child before she decided to call me by name. Friends who have no children yet - take note!!! I'm sure also in a few years I'll wish the mommy, mommy, mommy will stop. Right now, I'm still enraptured, every time! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment