Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Heartbroken

Our beloved babysitter announced tearfully today that she's moving to CA on December 1. It was a surprise and a shock on so many levels! First, because we love her and Abby and Jake do too and having someone we trust as much as we do her has made our current work lives possible. She's watched Abby since she was 7 months old, nearly 3/4 of her life. Second, because she's a Ph.D student and we really thought she'd be around for another year at least. But, she doesn't like her program and wants to make a fresh start. Her decision is made, alas.

She's generously offered to help us find someone new so she and I spent much of naptime writing ads and placing them on various sites. I found a few possibilities already and one has written back, so it looks like the lugubrious task of finding a new person to entrust with my children has begun. This is not fun and I do not really have time for it, but there it is. It's suddenly more important than any other deadline I have. I'll be thinking about this a lot I bet as I fly to CA myself tomorrow.

Anyway, Tara sent some very nice pictures she took of Abby, which I thought worth posting now. Abby is so happy with her!! I guess this is the first of many transitions for my young daughter!





No comments:

Post a Comment