We wore ourselves out yesterday, we had such a busy family day!
We started by visiting a preschool in town - that we actually all liked a lot. Then, we zipped to the mall to buy Jake new larger fire truck sneakers (to replace his favorite blinking fire truck sneakers) and ate lunch at Sbarro's, which was surprisingly satisfying to all. At Sears Jake fell in love with a huge bright pink Dora pillow and a smaller blue truck pillow, so he arrived home with gifts. As did we, as our housecleaner was just finishing up and the house was sparkling. After naps for all but Mike, who worked, we headed out again, so the boys could get haircuts at Jodie's (and Jake could introduce me to Jodie's dog Manny, whom he LOVES) and we could all eat Himalayan dinner on the downtown mall. The air was cool, the sun shining and EVERYONE downtown looked super happy. People kept stopping to smile and flirt with Jake. At one point it was a group of 3 collegiate women who could not take their eyes off of him! I guess his fancy new shoes and haircut really upgraded his cuteness factor. He lapped it up, of course.
We stopped into the crafters' coop and got a very nice invitation from my Pilates buddy Jan to visit her pottery studio nearby us sometime. I'd love to do that, have always wanted to see it. She's a professional potter and her work is amazing. She remarked on my bump and said she just got certified in Pilates. I told her I'd be coming to see her after the baby comes to get back in shape!!
I spent the evening researching the preschool and procrastinating on some schoolwork I needed to get emailed to my students. I did it tonight, though, and feel virtuous. And tired.
Little girl is kicking constantly, as usual. And I feel HUGE!
No comments:
Post a Comment