Whew! I finished my term teaching at Duke on Tuesday. It was a total pleasure AND I am totally relieved to be through. No more worries about going into labor on I-85. No more worries about my few work-appropriate maternity clothes getting too tight for public view. No more rolling a hugely heavy computer bag full of papers to grade around campus, and no more lifting it in and out of the car.
I still have papers to grade but now I can do it from the comfort of my home, in shlumpy sweats, free to look and feel like the crazy pregnant woman that I am.
They were very nice on my last day - my TA gave me gifts which included a Duke sweatshirt for Jake, a tiny Duke t-shirt for baby, and a Duke mug for me.
All in all, a great experience and I look forward to continuing to work with them. After MARCH, that is!
Between now and then, I'm home free. All I have to work on now is my other consulting projects, Hannukah, Christmas, getting ready for baby, labor, and learning to care for a newborn and a toddler at once.
Now THAT sounds really relaxing, doesn't it??!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment