Saturday, July 26, 2008

Abby's 6 month check-up

A quick report, as I am supposed to be napping before Jake's b-day posse arrives.

Abby weighed in at 23.12 pounds, height 28 inches at her well-baby visit on Thursday. Dr. proclaimed her healthy and robust, doing just fine, as we knew she was. 4 shots and a few tears later, she was back to flirting with all of the nurses, and everyone in the waiting room. She is shameless! And extraordinarily popular.

In other dr. news, I got an epidural cortisone shot for my back from the pain management specialist I was sent to see, who says I have a bulge in disks L4 and L5, but no herniation there, and already it is having huge results. No pain sleeping last night at all, no pain when I sneeze, and less and less pain during the day. It's supposed to take 3-5 days to kick in and it's only been 2. Whew!! It's like getting another body to live in.

Will write more later when able to give the b-day report with pix. The house is super decorated and the boy is beside himself excited!

2 comments:

  1. I was just clicking on the "next blog" tab on the top and yours popped up. My mom gets those cortizone shots every 6 to 8 weeks because she has two slipped disks and had surgery for a herneated one (I'm not quite sure how you spellit). One thing you might want to ask your doctor about is the increase risk for diabetes (if you don't have it). The shots actually pushed my mother in to being diabetic and the doctors hadn't warned her that that was a possibility.
    From one mom to another, just thought I would let you know :)
    Your children are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is extremely useful advice - thank you so much for taking the time to post. It is especially so since I've had gestational diabetes and am at higher risk for diabetes kicking in at some point anyway. I've stopped at one cortisone shot for now - it seems to be doing the trick (knock on wood). But now I know to ask about this if I get more.

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete