Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sick, Sick, Sick

So, we're going on 3 weeks of Abby being sick here and I've had quite enough. I'm sure she has too! We've had colds and congestion and ear infections and two different antibiotics and crying all day and hives from head to toe and crying all night. Poor little thing. I'll feel more like writing when we get to the end of this lousy spell.

On the other hand, I just got word from a friend of mine in SF that her daughter was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with leukemia. They are moving back to the city to do her radiation therapy and trying to reorganize her older sister's life. Puts things in perspective - a few hives and a few nights of lost sleep suddenly seem really quite ok.

Still, we're tired. Wish us well soon!

To go with our feeling of general wackiness in the universe, here's a funky photo Jake and I made with the webcam last weekend. He loved the special effects options.

4 comments:

  1. Sending happy get-better wishes to Abby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this blog last week when you posted and thought of us and the illnesses we've been dealing with too. And I thought of your friend and thought, our illnesses are nothing compared to what they are having to deal with. I thought of your blog again last night as Mike and I prepared to go out on a date in DC, only to have it canceled by Rebekah's sudden puking. As we changed our plans and drove away from the city instead of into it, I thought of your friend and thought, I'll take a canceled date night any day . . . it's nothing compared to what their family is having to deal with. Thank you for writing about them, it makes us realize how lucky we really are and how precious life is. I'll be thinking of and praying for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your kind words, Melissa. It really does put things in perspective, doesn't it? I try to remember that when Abby's up crying several times a night these days. I hold her and rock her and think, how lucky I am!

    I wish you another good date night soon! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete