Friday, May 01, 2009

A Pre-Shop Run at the Tennis Court

This is Abby stretching her legs in the park across from Jake's school before our big shopping excursion today. She, Mike and I went to a new store in Culpepper, called Aldi, which is a cross between a CostCo and a grocery store. Everything there is 25-50% cheaper than other stores, they said, so we thought it was worth a try. (Many of my very smart friends are saving huge bucks doing couponing but I do not have the patience for that. My head spins just reading what they did to save money!)

Anyway, we liked it! The money we saved in chicken and turkey costs alone will make it worth going regularly. I actually found the link to it on the Duggar's (18 kids and counting) site. Aldi is a great place to buy in bulk but I also liked that you can buy small quantities too and they are super cheap. Only downside is selection is limited and somewhat unpredictable. We stopped at Target and Food Lion to fill out our list for the next 2 weeks of meals.

Oh, and we also finally bought an extra freezer to store food in the garage and it was delivered yesterday so now we're stocked up on essentials for some time to come. And after all that shopping, tonight I was inspired and cooked the best chili we've ever had. Even the kids loved it! Abby was actually crying at me before it was done to give her more tastes. We ate half and froze half. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment