Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Speaking at Duke

Someone took pictures at my conference at Duke last week and I got some of me pontificating...




The poses are a little strange, no? I'm holding the slide clicker but have no idea why my hand is on my butt. Funnily, all the people speaking were making odd gestures in the pix. I like the middle one as it shows two of my colleagues there. Matt is on the left, the current director of the Center at Fuqua that I'm part of, and Greg is on the right, the Center's founder and my research partner. They are all wonderful people and the week with them and other friends and colleagues was a delight. They even took us out one night to see some modern ballet at the brand new performance hall in Durham. I put on a slinky black dress and was not overdressed! (Ok, so actually it was a leftover maternity dress, but it does not look like one and I was able to eat dinner without worrying about splitting a seam!) I also connected and re-connected with some wonderful women colleagues, from NYC, London and Singapore. Totally charming.

The fam all did fine here, though Mike was quite worn out when I got home. I took the kids out to the pool most of the day Sat to give him a break and we had a blast! I've got some very happy water babies!! No pix of that day - my hands were on Abby the fish the entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment