Sunday, November 29, 2009

Finally, a Santa Visit

It's taken only 5 years, but this year, Jake was finally ready to venture onto Santa's lap. He asked to go today and was so thrilled with the resulting picture - he insisted we buy a frame for it right afterward (and he was beside himself when I said Daddy could scan it so he could have it on his computer as well!). He told Santa about one item he wanted, and then informed him that he'd send him a list for the rest. This is an organized boy.

I also love his confident smile here and his thoughtful questions to us after. Mike had told him that it was likely not the real Santa, but one of his "helpers." Jake asked me if I thought it was the real one or a helper and I said I didn't know. "I think he was the real one, Mommy," he replied quite seriously. Later he told Mike he thought he might get another video email from Santa (like last year) and if he did, he'd compare their faces to see if they were the same. I fear Santa's pristine reputation might not last through another year of this kind of scrutiny!

One for the record books! Abby was not with us today but the last time we saw Santa she shook her head vigorously at the idea of going to say hi to him. Most of the kids we saw, were, in fact, crying. Tough job. Santa even remarked how nice it was to have a happy and willing kid on his knee!

No comments:

Post a Comment