Friday, June 25, 2010

The Summer of Motion

I don't know how to summarize the chaos of the past few weeks - it's been a blur. We bought a house, went into contract on a house, hired a contractor, hired movers, have been packing like lunatics and have nearly filled a POD that's been sitting in our driveway for a month. We've thrown away stuff, given away stuff, stuffed stuff with newspapers- how in the world did we get all this stuff? I went to NC to weeks ago and signed Jake up for school in between meetings and running around town to pick out new carpets. I then spent 3 days in NYC last week where it looks like I successfully raised some money for our center and helped pull off an amazing 2 day conference we've been planning for half a year. Lots of satisfaction from that. Back at home, we did spend 3 hours last weekend with friends at the lake beach, which was the most fun I've had in weeks, and then had to suffer as Abby cried at the top of her lungs from exhaustion and my back turned bright red from its first exposure to open air since last August. I couldn't sleep I was in so much pain - and that is with SPF 50 sunscreen! This week, we're packing, working, dealing with various and sundry emergencies and decisions (home inspection results, last choices for contractor work), getting our moving date set for mid July and most importantly, I've been doing lots of research on pools in Chapel Hill - once we get settled I want to go sit at a pool with the kids for a few weeks!! Then, finally, it will perhaps feel like summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment