Friday, October 08, 2010

San Francisco and Superman

Just got back from 3 days in San Francisco, to attend the SOCAP10 conference, all about the "social capital" markets, or funding for social entrepreneurs. I had a blast!

The best part of SOCAP is that it takes place on the water near the Marina. I got up at dawn in Monday morning and hiked around Fort Mason to see the sunrise.



The next morning I met someone for breakfast on Fisherman's Wharf.


While I was there I also saw Waiting for Superman. it is not playing in NC yet and I could not wait! I was not disappointed. It is an intense and highly emotional film, about a lot of entrepreneurs I have studied and taught over the years and what we all need to do to improve the way schools serve our kids. I bawled during the last 30 minutes watching the kids wait for their slots in good schools during school lotteries. I have a lot of opinions of this movie, some good some bad, but I think it was a very courageous film to make. If you care about how kids are educated in this country, run, don't walk, to go see it! I very literally did as I couldn't find a cab the night I needed to see it and when I finally did I was late to the theater. Anyway, GO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment