Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jake at School

We have a lot of photos that Mike has taken of Jake's school, but I cannot post most of them since I don't have permission to share photos of other children. But I found this one today, just of Jake, and doing his favorite "work" - sawing!


School ended at the end of May, but Jake's back in school now, at their summer camp morning program, and is happy as a clam. He told us he did his sawing work on the first day. Yesterday, Mike spied him outside happily pushing a wheelbarrow around the playground. This week is supposed to be about gardening but it seems they can do whatever they want inside or outside the classroom - and I'm sure that suits our independent boy just fine!!

And here's a late evening post-script to my earlier post: Jake came out of school/camp today with a huge stick painted green with feathers attached to the tip and announced triumphantly it was a "gardening stick." So what did we do when we got home? We stuck it, straight up, in the front garden. It required digging with his favorite shovel. Boy was he pleased - mission complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment