
I survived my first day back at Duke yesterday. Had a great time, actually. I found a new hotel that has a pool and managed to swim both Wed night and Thurs morning, which was great for my back. Yesterday, I spent the whole day with staff from CASE, hired a research assistant, got keys to my new office, met with my teaching assistant, had wonderful meals, and made the trip back so fast I got to stop and shop a bit at Short Pump. I got home about 11pm totally and completely exhausted, but I had a great day. Jake and Abby and Mike seemed to have had a great day too, with lots of help from Tara! Now I can rest up and get ready to do it all again next week, when my class starts!
And now we're all excited - Grandma Lynne arrives this afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment