Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Myrtle Beach, Day 3

Today Jake and I went crab fishing off the pier at the Myrtle Beach State Park. It was an organized event so we had a ranger helping everyone and explaining what we found in our nets. Other people caught little hermit crabs, and we got to hold them, which was satisfying. We caught two different jellyfish, which pleased Jake. We didn't touch them and put them right back in, but one of them left some potent slime on the side of our trap, which then touched my shirt, and then before I knew how it happened, I touched my shirt and got stung lightly on my arm, stomach and leg. I was quite surprised, to say the least! And I'm so glad it got me, and not Jake!
The tackle shop gave me a vinegar bottle to spray on and in a few minutes I could barely feel it.

The rest of the day was a blur. Jake and I explored a miniature golf place from the outside, met Abby and Mike for lunch, napped, and Abby and I went to the beach while the boys shopped and prepped dinner. After dinner we all went to the beach together. The beach really empties out by 6pm and it was gorgeous. The waves were really strong today and both kids are getting rather fearless! Esp. Abby, who still runs right into the surf and laughs after she gets tossed around while sitting down or splashed full on in the face. I don't know where she gets her chutspah from!!!

I do love being on vacation!!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment