
Ours is officially for sale! The listing is here. It is a bittersweet time. I've gotten a nice offer from Duke to continue to work part-time in a faculty role (control over my schedule and summers off!) but with stable pay and full benefits. And after commuting there two days a week and causing huge disruption to the family, this is not something I can refuse. And I actually love the work I'm doing there - great people, great projects. It is a fabulous next phase for me.
We've looked around enough to get excited about living in Carrboro/Chapel Hill. It's very family friendly, with fabulous public schools, the best in NC. But I'm sad too about ending my 5 year stint at the Lake. This is where I reveled in the idea of us both working part-time from home while raising our babies. Jake was 1 when we moved here, and in the first week I went for a stroll and met Melissa K and discovered the amazing moms I now count among my very best friends. The support and community we've found here have simply been incredible. And C'ville is so very beautiful, with the lake to enjoy in the summer and the mountains nearby and the casual, friendly, low-stress culture of a still very rural college town.
But, school beckons for the kids and it's time to organize a new phase for us. We're totally excited and hope we can have a nice, smooth transition this year for all. Jake is sitting next to me as I write and when I asked him just now what he thinks about our move, his answer was "Yay - we're going to buy a new house!" Everyone is ready!
Cathy,
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you and this opportunity, but sad to have to say goodbye. I hope that your house sells quickly and all goes well in the transition (and that I get to see you again before you leave!).
Many blessings,
Katie