Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Two Weekends

Now that both kids are in school, we try to make sure our weekends include a lot of family fun time. I'm 2 weekends behind on posting, and happy that I've just discovered an easy way to access Mike's pix again. So anyway, here's weekend #1, which included playtime at the mall, buying shoes for both kids, and wonderful haircuts by our new friend, Tasha. Abby watched a Dora DVD the entire time and was a little zombie. Jake was more nervous and no pix were taken, but he agreed the place was fun and he'd go back. Score!

Abby and I also did a lovely hike and craft project with the things we collected on the way.









Weekend #2 included a toystore that had a live iguana sitting on a shelf who flirted with me, a lovely stroll downtown culminating in a fantastic visit to a Mediterranean restaurant where Jake had his first taste of baklava (he's a fan), and a wonderful day of family gardening. A new babysitter stood us up (what is up with these people??) and another came the next day and gave me three precious hours of unpacking time. Ahhhh. Did I mention our house is still full of boxes??


This is where the photographer husband comes in handy... I love these photos!! Click on any to enlarge. The haircuts worked out well, didn't they?



No comments:

Post a Comment