
Oh, almost forgot. I voted today. Absentee, since I will be out of town next week. Felt very powerful and liberal here in my very conservative state. Not only did I get to vote for Democrats but I also got to tell the state of Virginia that I do NOT want them to take away domestic partner benefits for all state and state-funded workers. Have a feeling I will be outweighed on that one - the ballot was framed as a vote on gay marriage:
Ballot Issue: Shall Article I (the Bill of Rights) of the Constitution of Virginia be amended to state: “That only a union between one man and one woman may be a marriage valid in or recognized by this Commonwealth and its political subdivisions.
It was only in the second paragraph that it mentioned the state and state-funded workers would lose their domestic partner benefits. Sneaky, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment