Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Grateful Day

Oprah says that she tries in her journal to write about what she is grateful for. So here goes:

Today I am grateful to have such wonderful, supportive friends. An hour with them at pleasant grove was all it took to make me feel social and loved.

I am grateful for old friends, like Heather, who wrote nice things on my blog and new friends, like Kristin, who gave such genuine appreciation for my comments on hers. And close friends, like Ash, whom Jake, Abby and I visited today in their driveway and we caught up on new baby happenings. I’m hoping we get to walk and picnic on Friday with our expanded clans and fancy new double strollers!

I am grateful to have such a creative little boy who insisted on playing with clay with me after naptime today, and then put everything away by himself. And to have such a responsible and involved one, so intent on helping to give his sister a bath, that he did practically every step for me except dunk her in the water!

And I am grateful that I was able to give Mike more time today. With just a Jake pick up from school, some clay time, and a walk outside with both kids before dinner, I was able to change the whole shape of his work day. And he was so very appreciative!

I am grateful to have my little girl too. I sometimes still cannot believe she’s really here. We sang and read books at bedtime tonight and she was really alert and aware. Her smiles warm my heart. You can see they come from her spirit, not just her face. She is a happy girl.

And I am a happy mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment