Monday, May 26, 2008

Lovely Memorial Day

We had such a lovely day today. We decided it would be our first day at the lake beach as a foursome. While Abby napped this morning, Jake and I packed a picnic lunch and watched the temp rise from 55 degrees at 8 am to 75 degrees by 10. We got to the beach about 10:30 and we were the only ones there for about an hour. Mike and Abby set up our base camp in the shade by a picnic table and Jake and I set up our full sun satellite camp near the water and Mike and I kept swapping places. It was a great way to keep Abby completely out of the sun (she can't wear sunscreen until she's 6 months old) and Jake completely occupied with one on one attention the entire time. By noon, the beach was more packed than I'd ever seen it and Jake was making friends right and left. He and an older girl built a series of drainage ditches together and got really into it. We had our picnic lunch in the shade and Abby feel asleep in her pack and play around noon. By 1pm, we were all very sun-tired and we headed home to the most wonderful gift (for me!) of all - a quiet naptime of nearly two hours for everyone. Mike went out to get a massage so the house was bone quiet. I have not napped so well in months!

After nap we brought some brownies to our new neighbors, wandered down to Gram's house for a quick visit, and had a nice quick pasta dinner. There is NOTHING like the first real day of summer!

Here's Jake and me playing in the water:



Sleeping beauty, once she stopped gaping at all the trees:

No comments:

Post a Comment