Yes, I'm tired. I have been woken up 2-3 times a night since mid January and I daydream of a long night of uninterrupted sleep. But I have discovered something worse: pain. And the kicker, sleep deprivation plus pain together. It is not a pretty picture.
For a week now, I've had really bad lower back pain. Surely related to hefting my not so little little girl every 20-40 minutes throughout the day and 2-4 hours at night. I've tried heat and stretching and advil and still, after a few good lifts (out of the highchair and upstairs to get dressed after breakfast, for example), I am in severe pain again. Can barely stand up. It is driving me mad.
Add to this a tiny urinary infection that appeared two days ago and I was absolutely bonkers yesterday. Felt like I had to go to the bathroom urgently all day long - when i did it was painful. And then my back would hurt. And then Abby would cry to be moved. Rinse and repeat all day long. Ugh!
After some antibiotics, the infection is pain free today, and I've changed the way I sit to feed Abby and am lifting very carefully. I stretched after every feed last night before getting back into bed and it seemed to help. I truly hope I can get through this back thing soon. I cannot endure this much pain until she learns to walk!
No comments:
Post a Comment