I spent all week getting ready for a keynote speech I was asked to deliver today, for a conference in New Hampshire. Between that and trying to finish up my huge stack of ungraded papers, the week has been a blur. Up until 12 or 1 am every night, rushing to do more work every time Abby napped. Sitting stressed in rush hour traffic to the airport after class in Durham yesterday to make my flight to Boston and then the one hour car ride to NH. I got here at 10:30 pm and had not yet eaten dinner. My feet were swollen from standing all day at a site visit to a social enterprise in Durham yesterday morning, and then from standing to teach. My legs ached. I was a tired pup. I was wondering if committing to do this was such a hot idea.
Happily, I delivered my speech this morning and it went smashingly well. I have NEVER gotten so many compliments or engaged questions from an audience before. How totally satisfied I am after a week of stress! I'm thinking I should consider turning it into a white paper.
And the best part? I am staying at a beautiful resort, Wentworth by the Sea, and was able to make a massage reservation for this afternoon. There is hope for my tired little body yet!!
Congrats on your speech Cathy! Enjoy the resort!
ReplyDeleteA