Friday, December 12, 2008

Last Class in Durham


Yesterday was my last class of the term in Durham. I had a very full day, which started with an early morning swim in my new favorite hotel pool, ran through a full of morning of meetings and then class. Then I stayed late in town to have dinner with a friend. It was a great dinner, but it rained cats and dogs on my 4 hour trip home and I spent literally hours not really being able to see in front of me. Not relaxing driving! And I got a sore throat about 9:30 that turned into not being able to swallow or talk by 11 pm when I got home. And it turns out Abby has the same affliction so we spent a lot of time together not sleeping last night.

Today I had a trying board call most of the day and nursed tea with honey as often as I could. I'm beat!! Now all I have to do is grade all the papers, finalize grades, and prep all the readings for next term -- all due next week! This working stuff sure is tiring! But I'm hoping we'll do some fun holiday stuff this weekend. I believe I've started the weekend on the right tone - see my elves below.

No comments:

Post a Comment