-yummy burger and great conversation at a noisy upper west side diner with a work colleague
-taught a fabulous 3 hour class. Did one of my favorite cases and presentations and students were super engaged.
-had take-out dinner and a whole evening mommy talk with my friend Yasmina and her beautiful 4 month old baby Elia. She is serene in her new mommy role and it was lovely to see. Here they are:
-a relaxing night in a relatively quiet hotel, sans baby monitor. aaaaahhhh.-posh breakfast at Nice Matin, fancy omelet paired with great people watching.
-a 2 hour visit plus lunch with my cousin Rachel and her 4 week old baby Alexa. (She lives one block from the last place I worked full time in NY. I ran some errands for her before I left and it was a huge deja vu.) Here's a really blurry picture from my phone of Rachel rocking Alexa to sleep, and one from her Uncle Mike's facebook page of her all dressed up where you can actually see Alexa's eyes. Rachel is almost through the craziness of the first 6 weeks and is as fun to talk to as ever. I could have stayed all day!


- a fabulous afternoon back at school, helping to run an educational event for aspiring social entrepreneurs. I got inspired by their energy, which got me through the hour lecture on a heavy topic I had to start at 5:30pm!
-Wrapped up the day with a crazy cab ride to LaGuardia. I thought I might die as we careened across Harlem at hair-raising speeds, but I survived and had time for a leisurely undressing and redressing at security as well as to find a burrito for dinner that I ate on the plane while watching the snow flurries outside before we took off. Luckily, we made it out and after my hour plus drive from the airport, I was home by 11:20pm.
Today we're having a quiet day. Abby is stuffy, Jake is excited about his new walkie talkies that he saved up 25 STARS to buy(!!), and Mike is running around the house in a cleaning frenzy, which I'm trying hard not to interrupt!!
No comments:
Post a Comment