



This is little 5-day old Abby under her bili lights during our second stay at the hospital. My job was to keep her sunglasses on (she kept tearing them off), to nurse her as needed, which at that time was every 90 minutes, and pump in between to stimulate my milk which had still not come in. I would feed her from me, then from my pumped milk, pump, wash the equipment, eat what came to me on a tray, doze for 20 minutes, and start again. I was a slobbery mess. Finally a nurse took pity on me and made a formula bottle and swaddled Abby with a smaller bili light that kept her arms away from her face and we both got some sleep. In the morning, her bili reading was better and I was rested. My milk never really came in, at least never enough to satisfy Abby. Thank god for formula!
What I love about these pix, and am so glad to finally get them off my phone, is how chunky and robust she looked, even at 5 days old. That's my girl!!
Ack, that takes me back to my own pumping/bili light hell...
ReplyDeleteAnd look at her now!!
She, like her big brother, is amazing. Can't believe it's been a year -- and then some.
Thanks, Heather. Such lovely comments. Yours just radiates happiness too!
ReplyDelete