Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Communication Skills



My 2 year old is a proud member of the 21st century: he needs only a hint of technology to amuse himself.

He picked up a fake phone today in the car and had a very lengthy conversation with himself. He seemed to agree readily with most of what was said on the other end. He paused, looked around as if he were listening carefully, and then replied, "Yeah, yeah, …aaaaaaah! yeah, yeah." About 7 times in a row. It was a riot to watch in the rearview mirror. I asked him who he was talking to and like any good cellphoner, he ignored me completely and kept talking. He knows the rules!

In other random communication news of the day, I helped a lost dog find her way home this morning. Mitzi was dirty but had a collar and a pink bow pinned to her head. She looked like she'd been out all night and kept following me until I turned 180 degrees around and walked her all the way home.

In Kindermusik, Jake and I acted like jelly, wiggling and rolling on the floor. Later we rolled pizza dough, covered it with sauce, veggies, cheese and spices and ate our very nicely risen concoction (see Kneading post) for lunch. Mike sat admiring us and said he'd like to videotape us cooking, as we are so cute together. That was sweet!

I had a wonderful catch-up call with Jed Emerson this afternoon. Jed is the guru of social entrepreneurship, who's about to move in to a house 2.5 hrs away from civilization in the middle of Colorado. He's just agreed to reduce his hours working for a London firm specializing in social investment, to help some cavalier exInternet millionaire to develop sustainable ranches around Montana. The world is a very interesting place, and it was great to hear him sounding so grounded, literally and figuratively, I guess.

Later, my dentist told me I have dark spots that look like infections underneath BOTH of my root canals. Gotta get a real expert to take a look. And Mike and I had a glorious Cajun dinner and stroll on the Corner.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete