Sunday, March 29, 2009

The VGs and First Steps

Mike and I went to see VA's finest last night - the VA Gentlemen, UVA's all-male acappella group. They are equal parts great singing and school spirit. The house is packed; their friends cheer when each one comes up to the mike to sing; the applause after each number is deafening; and catcalls throughout the evening (Nathan - you ROCK!) infect even the most disconnected to the 19 year old ethos. These young men, identically clad in khakis, blue blazers and blue and orange bow ties, LOVE singing and we loved soaking in their energy. And the concert was in Old Cabell Hall, where I played in the Charlottesville Symphony for a few good years, and thus is always nice to go back to.

Some sample clips are here and here. If you live anywhere near Charlottesville, I heartily recommend this concert - we try to see them every year!

In other news, Abby started to walk today! She took 5 or 6 steps in a row, by herself, on three different occasions. Jake cheered!

No comments:

Post a Comment