Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Warm Weather

On Saturday afternoon, the kids plus Gram and Drake all played outside, so happily. Warm weather makes us all so content!!

I love Drake's psychedelic T-shirt.

The little piano that Jake brought out was a huge hit with the babies.


And on Monday, Abby and I had the most perfect day - again due to the temp in upper 70's. We had a lovely 45-minute drive through back country roads before playgroup (we were early and she was napping, so I kept driving), then a lovely playgroup in a friend's log cabin house buried in the woods about 15 minutes from here, then a quick lunch and nap and we set out again, for a delightful hike on a trail nearby. I tried her in the backpack for the first time and it actually felt good on my back having her in it. She was adorable. Realized my hair was near her face so she took a big hunk of it in her hand and spent most of the hike sucking her thumb, enraptured. We also stopped so she could touch trees and pinecones from her new high perch and then we sat on the ground and she played with my keys and cellphone. I took a few pix, but had to wrestle with Abby for the cell phone each time. I like the one of our joint shadow.


This last one is funny. Abby took it. I knew immediately when she saw my face on the phone screen b/c she squealed, and then I pressed the button.

No comments:

Post a Comment